Casa Soledad is located in the quiet, little, community of Platanitos. Its dramatic setting on a tropical cliff offers a panoramic view of the Pacific ocean. It takes three or four minutes to walk down to the beach, where there's a choice between twelve "palapa" style restaurants that cook authentic Mexican dishes from each morning's catch & homemade tortillas. The villa is a blend of Spanish & Mediterranean architecture with a strong emphasis on outdoor living. Casa Soledad provides livig accomodations for up to six adults.
Directions for Driving from PV airport:
- (KM 0.0 / MILE 0.0) Turn left (North) out of the airport parking area. You will be on Route 200 and will follow this highway 91km / 54.6mi to the center of Las Varas.
- (KM 18.0 / MILE 11.2) Pass through Bucerias
- (KM 22.1 / MILE 13.7) Pass the Punta Mita turnoff, there's a cemetary on the right, and an information booth on the left.
- (KM 67.5 / MILE 41.9) Pass Rincon de Guayabitos. You will see a tall saucer-shaped water tower to the left, and another visitor information complex, also on the left.
- (KM 90.1 / MILE 56) Enter Las Varas. This is where everyone misses the turn-off so STAY ALERT. After the set of speed bumps entering town, turn right onto the Lateral road (the road on the right that runs parallel to the main road) for Zaculpan / Mazatlan. If you miss this right turn you can do it at the next set of lights, as you cannot turn left from the main road.
If you make the first right turn, you will continue on the lateral until you get to the second set of traffic lights. Turn left on the arrow, and stay on this road to Zaculpan.
- (KM 91.1 / MILE 56.6) In Zaculpan, turn left in front of town plaza... towards San Blas, (you will see a large Catholic church on the right , but turn left before it)
- (KM 103.7 / MILE 64.4) Pass through San Isidro. Two BIG speed bumps.
- (KM 107.8 / MILE 67) Bear right at the Y, toward Aticama & San Blas. You are passing the town of Ixtapa. You have 7.4 miles or 122KM to go. Take care not to turn into Turtle Beach.
- (KM 119.7 / MILE 74.4) You will pass the cobble road to Platanitos on your left, continue on the main road over the two speed bumps for another 100 yards. Turn left at the "Bungalows Alex" sign. Take the upper driveway slightly to the right which will take you to the front door of Casa Soledad... Bienvenidos!!!
- Use our map to guide you from Puerto Vallarta, only 70 miles away. Please contact us for additional maps and directions.